Keep checking back! I will keep updating this page as I find resources!
Nonfiction Reading Resources- Great sites to get nonfiction articles for kids!
Micro-progressions- Great to use for conferencing, small groups – even mini lessons!
Independent Reading Resources
- Every Child, Every Day – an article by Richard Allington from ASCD
- 6Ts of Effective Elementary Reading Instruction – an article by Richard Allington
- I’ve Got Research – a blog post by Donalyn Miller
- Reading Logs: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – My thoughts on what to do about reading logs.
- Sample Anchor Chart – Staying on track during independent reading
Guided Reading Resources
- Guided Reading – The Romance and the Reality – an article by Fountas and Pinnell
- Jan Richardson’s Resource Page – full of printable resources to help you plan and teach guided reading lessons
- Jan Richardson’s Video lessons – Guided Reading, Management tips, Word Study and more!
- Who’s Doing the Work in Guided Reading? – what I learned from the book by Burkins and Yaris
Growing Extraordinary Writers: Leadership Decisions to Raise the Level of Writing Across a School and a District – An article by Lucy Calkins and Mary Ehrenworth; Reading Teacher, June 2016
- Teaching Students to Add Detail – a video with Rozlyn Linder, author of the Big Book of Details
- Creating Conferring Toolkits – A video by teachers from Two Writing Teachers. Demonstrates what can go into your writing toolkits
- Reading Assessment Checklist – Behaviors to notice, teach and support – based on the Literacy Continuum book by Fountas and Pinnell; found on the bestclass.org website